Jesus Christ Suffered, Too!
Jesus Christ suffered, too!
In church yesterday, pastor Chris Kouba put a biblical lens on the divisiveness and suffering our country is facing.
It was a GREAT message and reminder that modern man isn’t the only one who has ever faced suffering.
Dr. Kouba provided 6 points:
1) Jesus knows about suffering: “But we see Jesus…because he suffered death…” Hebrews 2:9
2) Jesus knows about justice: “Do not take revenge…It is mine to avenge; I will repay…” Romans 12:19
3) Jesus knows about racial tension: Jesus tells the Parable of the Good Samaritan. Jesus used Jews and Samaritan’s as the example because they did not like each other. Yet, “love your neighbor as yourself”…”Go and do likewise”. Luke 10: 25-37
4) Jesus knows about being wrongfully treated: “Christ suffered for you..He committed no sin and no deceit was found in his mouth…he did not retaliate; when he suffered…he made no threats…Instead…he entrusted himself to him who judges justly.” 1 Peter 2:21-23
5) Jesus knows about loss: Remember when Jesus comforted Mary and Martha regarding Lazarus’ death? “Jesus wept” John 11:35
6) Jesus knows about heaven: “But our citizenship is in heaven” Philippians 3:20-21.
There are raging emotions on so many fronts that it’s hard to isolate any particular one matter to choose. Yet, as I consider each from a biblical perspective, I’m reminded that God is in control and fully aware of our situations.
We need to speak a lot less and pray a lot more.